Thursday, September 20, 2012

Six Months

6 months.  6 months ago we were introduced to our precious third child, Joshua.  If Joshua were here I would be bragging about all the new and cute things he is now doing and posting pictures of his new firsts; like his first time to eat solid food or first time to pull up on the couch.  I feel like it was forever ago that I got to hold my sweet child and yet the hurt is still as fresh as that day back in December when we found out our plans for Joshua were not God's plans for him.  Over these months I have suffered along side dear friends and family members who have lost children and I have celebrated in the joys of many friends who have birthed healthy babies.  Life is so precious and I feel so blessed that God has called me to the vocation of motherhood.  Since I can't post new and precious pictures of my baby boy I decided to go back and watch video footage from that day on March 21st when Joshua was born.  As  hard as it was to go back and watch the footage, it was amazing to see Joshua and the fingerprints of God on that special day.  God covered our family with the most amazing grace that day.  I can truly say that Joshua's birthday was a day of joy.  The sorrow soon followed but his life was miraculous and I feel immeasurably blessed that God chose me to be Joshua's Mommy.  I spliced together some footage and ended up using this video to share Joshua's story.  I feel called to speak for Joshua but also for all the unborn babies of our world.  Please pray for the unborn.  Please pray for our country and please pray for all families who have suffered the loss of a child and women who struggle with getting pregnant.  

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful SarahBeth! There isn't a day that goes by that we dont call on Joshua for prayers ...to pray with us and for us on special intentions especially for your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah Beth,
    You are so faithful in sharing Joshua with the
    world. A faithful servant of Christ, a faithful wife
    and mother, a faithful friend. And brave. And
    when I think of you, I thank God for you. I think this one word describes you well.....FAITHFUL. Thank you for sharing your beautiful heart and your beautiful baby boy.
    Love, Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Beth, The video is BEAUTIFUL and your faith is inspiring. I don't feel like I have enough chances to tell you how much I admire you. Thank you for living your faith in a way that is a powerful inspiration.
    Love, Diana

    ReplyDelete