Friday, March 20, 2015

Life in the Smoter house

Once again I haven't found the time to keep up with the blog.  Life with four boys is amazing, fun, exhausting, but most of all it is none stop.  They keep me busy for sure so not a lot of time to sit at my computer ;)  The month of March is always going to be a hard month for us.  Joshua's birthday is this Saturday and we feel his absence the most this time of year.  I wish I was busy staying up late preparing for a 3 year old birthday party but I'm not.  I wish my hands were one child more full, but the aren't.  I wish Joshua were here to be part of our crazy life but he is not.  This month is not all sad though...Joshua's life taught all of us how precious life is.  This month we feel the Holy Spirit's comfort in a special way.  We cherish the kids we are getting to raise here on earth and we are thankful for all the things that truly matter.  The timing of Joshua's short life is during the liturgical season of lent.  A season of sacrificing to grow closer to God.  It is also a time of seasonal change.  The weather is warming and the days are staying brighter longer.  We are spending more time outside enjoying God's beauty and in Texas we have the beauty of the bluebonnets which have significant meaning to us since they too bloom for only a short time, they are blue and they come out each year around Joshua's birthday.  To honor Joshua I wanted to take a moment to highlight each of our boys and share how they each bring blessings to our lives in such special ways. 

#1
James just recently turned 6 years old.  I can't believe my little boy is 6.  He is growing into such a sweet and independent little boy.  He is full of energy and passion.  He is loving baseball and told his coach he is a first baseman so that is his all time position this year.  He isn't afraid to speak up and he loves to challenge himself to get better.  In school he is a great little writer and he loves anything science.  James is such a good 'biggest' brother and he loves cheering on John Patrick at his practices.  James is tough and rough and we are blessed by his precious life. 



#2
John Patrick.  What can I say about this little sweet heart.  John Patrick is growing up fast but has still stayed the same cuddly sweet boy he has been since he was born.  Both John Patrick and I aren't sure about him going to kindergarten next year :(.  John Patrick loves his brothers and loves baseball.  He is a bit strange especially with his clothing choices but he is the kindest kid who is wonderfully special.  He is such a good helper and always puts others first.  What a blessing he is to our family.







#3
Joshua.  You changed us all.  We are all better because of your life.  The impact you had and continue to have on each one of us amazes me.  Your life changed our lives.   We are blessed by your life in so many ways and we are thankful to have you in heaven praying for us all which we so desperately need.



#4
And then there is Jude.  Oh, Jude what a joy you are.  You are my trooper.  You spend so much of everyday in a carseat taking your brothers places.  I think you eat more meals in the car than in the house.  You never get to wake up on your own time...we are always waking you up to take your brothers to school or pick someone up or go to a practice...but you never mind.  You love your brothers and love to color and love, love books.   You are such a 
joy in our family.









#5
Joseph.  Sweet, happy Joseph.  Joseph was recently baptized and he,  like Jude is a trooper.  We love Joseph's smile, he is always happy.  Joseph rarely cries and the boys all adore him.  They all love to help with Joseph.  I can't wait to watch his personality develop.  His life has added so much happiness in our lives.






Here are a few more picture from the last few months.
My 'momma' arms maybe full but my heart is over flowing and I wouldn't want it any other way.  I am so thankful for the family God has so graciously blessed me with and we pray that one day God will add more blessings.




Best buddies









No comments:

Post a Comment