Thursday, December 15, 2011

'God Saves'

Nathan and I had decided on a name for our third baby almost immediately after finding out we were pregnant.  Our name for a girl was Ruth and our name for a boy was Joshua.  We came up with those names because in the beginning Nathan and I had decided that our kids would be named after biblical figures for their first names and saint names for their middle names.  (James and John Patrick are also named after their grandfathers who luckily fit that system)  We both loved the name Joshua and there was very little discussion about choosing his name.  We came up with Lawrence after St. Lawrence and the fact that my dad's middle name is also Lawrence.  Something we have learned about our sweet baby Joshua is that the name Joshua means 'God Saves or God rescues'.  How fitting that this is the name we had chosen to name our sweet little boy.  I feel that God placed the name Joshua on both of our hearts because it was the name He had chosen for him.  Whether God's plan for Joshua is to save his life by healing him in my womb or God's plan is saving him from this world to be with his Heavenly Father we know that God has a perfect plan for Joshua Lawrence.  Tomorrow at 1pm we are meeting with a Cardiologist at Texas Children's to have an Echo Cardiogram done on Joshua's heart.  Please help us in praying that the Cardiologist has good news for us.  Then Tuesday we will have a MRI to have a closer look at his brain.   Again thank everyone for their continued prayers, love and support. 

3 comments:

  1. hi sweet family. I wanted to just let you know that i am here, walking with you, praying with you. I wrote sarah yesterday. My sweet Cana was born at TCH, and we had echo's with dr. Arni (arne?) Nutting and Dr. Altman. I have some notes on it, on my blog
    http://milbrandts.blogspot.com/2009/07/cana-lynn-milbrandt-from-22-weeks-to-26.html

    I'll be waiting to hear how your appt goes, but to also share, in the appt...the fetal echo, the first dr. (nutting) told us he wouldn't be talking to us during the echo. but it was so quiet, and we were so awkward...so we laughed a lot. Even in the moment, we knew it was God giving us grace to face the road ahead. Keep laughing together. The joy is very real, and I celebrate this life with you.

    in suffering and joy, i'm walking with you.
    c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margaret CastroDecember 15, 2011

    Hi Sarah Beth, I was up at Hamilton on Wednesday and told of your pregnancy. You and James already love and accept Joshua into your lives. You have always let your love of and trust in God be your guiding light. Your family is in my prayers. As others have said, you do not walk this path alone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah Beth - my heart is breaking for you. We went through some very similar scares, testing, etc with our baby Parker. I would love to talk to you or email you. I also had a fetal MRI. While our experience was different, trust me when I say I know how you feel. Parker was born without part of his brain and we didn't know until birth if he had chromosomal issues as well. Please know that we are praying for you and your family. If you'd like to chat, email me at erinsmueller at gmail dot com.

    ReplyDelete