Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Forever changed

On Wednesday last week Aunt Theresa and Uncle Brandon came in to see us and spend the night before a flight they had out of Houston on Thursday morning.  When they got in town they asked if we could drive out to the cemetery.  I was grateful at the gesture of wanting to take flowers to Joshua's graveside but wasn't sure how I felt about going out there.  To me I know Joshua is in Heaven and I feel him alive inside of me everyday.  The cemetery is just were his earthly body is and I hadn't to this point gone since the funeral.   Nathan and I knew that the stone was going to be finished and laid the first week August but we hadn't heard from the funeral home so we assumed that it hadn't been laid yet.  With out too much discussion we decided to just drive out there and prayed the Holy Spirit would help us answer any questions the boys might have.  When we got to the cemetery both of the boys were sleeping so we decided not to wake them.  As we walked over to where Joshua was laid we were surprised to find his stone.  We could tell by the ground that it hadn't been there long and were glad that we had decided to come out that day.  We went ahead and woke up our sleeping boys and brought them to see Joshua's name.  James was really cute and insisted on putting the roses that Theresa brought in the ground so they would stand up like 'trees'.  We all said a prayer and James talked about when we were at the cemetery last time with Fr. Sean.  
Everyday there is another reminder of how our lives are changed.  It's hard to put into words how it feels to live without one of your children here with you.  I am not the same person I was 4 months ago or the same person I was 8 months ago when we found out we might have to live our lives with out Joshua.  Everyday is hard and everyday I am grateful for Joshua's life.  Please take time today to pray for all pregnant women and all the unborn children of our world.  Pray especially for the babies of women considering abortion.
 Uncle Brandon and Aunt Theresa

No comments:

Post a Comment