Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Advent

We made it back home from Austin to wake up to the first Sunday of Advent at home.  Our elf, Garth surprised us with an Advent breakfast fit for an elf.  The boys received their new Christmas pjs along with hot chocolate, and sugary donuts.  The boys were thrilled to have Garth back in the house. 

Garth wrote a note to the boys explaining the season of Advent and gave them a job of looking for the changes they would find in church.


I am looking forward to many years of this new tradition 


 Nathan and I were up ALL night getting lights on the tree and me finishing Jude's stocking so that Sunday would be a day of preparing our house for this special season.



Another tradition in our home is opening a Christmas book every night in December.  This makes story times in December so much fun.




My precious friends had a surprise get together for me last Christmas and each gave me a boot ornament in honor of Joshua.  They also gave us this little tree to display them on.   I am so blessed with such amazing and thoughtful friends.  It was so special putting up this tree.  Makes me smile knowing so many people love our sweet Joshua so much.


Garth loved our tree when it was finally finished being decorated!

No comments:

Post a Comment