Tuesday, December 10, 2013

St. Nicholas Day

We had a visit from St. Nicholas!  The boys were so excited to find their shoes filled with candy, fruit and a few goodies.  We felt so blessed to have an extra pair of shoes to set out this year!

On another note:  I ended up taking back the book that is shown in this picture, My Secret Angel and Me.  It is a book and angel doll that is very similar to the Elf on a Shelf only it focuses on the true meaning of Christmas.  The book is great at explaining the nativity of our Lord but I decided it didn't work for our family.  I am ok with the Elf coming and going because it is the magic of Christmas.  I wasn't ok with telling my kids that the Angel doll was going back and forth from Heaven.  Even though the intent of this book is good I just couldn't lie to the kids about Angels which we know are real.  I felt like it was a lie that would jeopardize their faith.  In our family Heaven is a daily topic of conversation and it would have caused confusion for the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment