Saturday, March 22, 2014

Washer and Dryer Pedestals

Since we moved into our house 6 years ago I've wanted a pedestal for our washer and dryer.  So I was thrilled when Nathan said he would build me one last weekend!!  My father-in-law was kind enough to bring his tools and help Nathan with the job.   I think they did an amazing job!
The boys of course helped as well

Amazing, right?!

While they worked I stenciled on the back of our shelves.  This also serves as a before shot.  (Last week I painted the utility room in chalk board paint)

Nathan let me use chalk paint to give it some character :)
Here is a close up on the distressed look

Progress on the stencil work
It was a tight fit!  Nathan and I lifted the washer and dryer by ourselves which was a task.  We used a piece of wood underneath and a carjack to lift them.

TA DA!!!

The stencil work isn't quite finished but I LOVE IT!  I'm so grateful for such a talented husband and Father-in-law.
Here are the plans I found online.  They made some modifications but this was the idea :)



After we got them in place it was bath time for this little one.  Isn't he the cutest!?


No comments:

Post a Comment